The most significant choice you make on a day to day basis is the choice of your attitude.
~ Alexander Lockhart
Attitude is half of success.
~ American proverb
By practicing a reverence for life, we become good, deep, and alive.
~ Albert Schweitzer
New this year, Student Report Cards are available electronically in the Genesis Parent Portal for all Middle School and High School students. Please read this important letter detailing how to access them.
Please download the following instructions to sign up for Remind. This is a great way to stay informed about what's happening at Beck!
Following a 38-minute Shelter in Place at Cherry Hill High School East on Friday, May 24, 2019, Principal Dr. Dennis Perry sent a letter to the East community via email. As explained in the letter, during a Shelter in Place, the following procedures are followed:
1. All outside activities are suspended.
2. Exterior doors remain secured.
3. No one is permitted to exit or enter the building.
4. School staff remain in their classrooms and office areas.
5. Classroom doors and windows are secured and students do not change classes.
6. Teachers continue to provide classroom instructions.
7. Fire alarms are disregarded unless otherwise instructed.
8. School staff are notified when the shelter in place is no longer in effect.
On Thursday, May 16, 2019, Superintendent Dr. Joseph Meloche testified before the New Jersey Assembly Education Committee regarding the dire shortage of qualified special education teachers across the state. Dr. Meloche's full testimony is available online.
The Cherry Hill Public Schools Administration and Board of Education are committed to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance District wide. A synopsis of ADA-related work in the Cherry Hill Public Schools facilities, as discussed at the May 2019 BOE Business & Facilities Committee Meeting and Work Session, is available online.
The Cherry Hill Police Department has issued the following notice about multiple road work projects taking place around the township through May 20, 2019:
- Kresson Road will have OVERNIGHT ALTERNATING TRAFFIC in the area of the Turnpike bridge, Thursday & Friday 5/16 and 5/17, between 8 pm and 6 am. Traffic will be alternating in one direction at a time, between Howard Johnson Road and Browning Lane; police will be on location.
- Hampton Road eastbound will be CLOSED at Cuthbert Blvd, Monday through Friday between 9 am and 3 pm for two weeks, from 5/20 through 5/31. During these work times, Hampton Rd (southbound only) will be re-opened at Chapel Ave. Detours will be posted.
Please plan routes around these work zones. Congestion and delays will be expected at each location.
"Funding for the Future," a booklet detailing the background of the underfunding Cherry Hill Public Schools by the State of New Jersey, and our "ask" of our state leaders, is available online. The booklet was distributed to NJ Commissioner of Education Dr. Lamont Repollet, his team, Senator James Beach, Representatives Pamela Lampitt and Louis Greenwald following their tour of some of our schools on May 7, 2019. The leaders' visit also included a meeting with administration, Board members and community members to discuss our needs. The Commissioner offered his help in securing funding for the District. Updates will be posted on this web site and on District social media.
LaCoyya H. Weathington