Welcome to Beck Bobcat Athletics!
Regarding athletics for 2018-2019, a few points to remember…
- Please complete your physical forms over the summer and get them in prior to the first day of school. This helps with forming our teams in the fall. Please note: NO student is permitted to try-out or compete in a sport without the documentation being completed. You can find the forms on the Beck Website under the nursing section.
- For the first time in quite a few years, Beck Middle School will be featuring B Teams! This includes two teams for Field Hockey, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Baseball, and Softball. We will continue to offer Cross Country, Wrestling and Track & Field as well. Intramural activities will also continue for tennis, basketball, bowling, flag football, and girls volleyball. All sports (except intramural) will require a try-out moving forward. All sports, including intramural, require the aforementioned sports physical paperwork.
- We encourage all students, especially our new incoming 6th grade class, to consider our new athletic opportunities at Beck. Go Bobcats!!!
The FALL "Meet the Coaches" Parent Meeting will be held on THURSDAY, September, 2018 at 7 PM in the Beck Cafeteria.
Our school offers a wide variety of interscholastic and intramural sports.
Our interscholastic sports teams compete against teams from other South Jersey area schools while our intramural teams play against other student teams from Beck. Both are great opportunities for our students to get involved in our school community, show school spirit, exhibit great sportsmanship, and work together with teammates.
In order to participate in our athletics program, students must have a current physical and a Health History Update form for the specific sport on file with the school nurse. These forms can be found on the nurse's eboard.
Additionally, students must have paid the district activity fee. That form is available on the district website.
Middle School Athletics Transportation Policy:
- Every student should ride the bus to the athletic event and back! If a student is traveling to an athletic event in something other than school provided transportation, then Private Transportation Release forms must be completed by the parent in a timely manner before traveling with prior approval by the building AD or administrator. (see link below)
- If a parent wants to drive their child home from the event, instead of school provided transportation, they must notify the coach before leaving the event they will be driving their own child home.
- In the event a parent is driving their own child to the event, they should notify the coach before the event so the team can plan accordingly (e.g. Dentist appointment at 1:30, bus leaves at 2:30, parent driving student directly to game)
- If a student is traveling to an athletic event in something other than school provided transportation, by another parent, then Private Transportation Release forms must be completed by both parties in a timely manner before traveling with prior approval by the building AD or administrator...form is located on the HS East and HS West Athletic Page (form is 6 pages).